Please join our next Respiratory Therapist title meeting Thurs Apr 20th at 8:30pm. Our agenda will focus on the creation of a Chapter for all Respiratory Therapists in Local 768. Any members of Local 768 in this title group may nominate any themselves or other members for Chapter leadership positions using this form here, or may do so during this meeting on Apr 20th. Nominations will close at the end of the day on Tues, Apr 25th, 2023.
As a Local, our vision is that chapters will be the most consistent way for our members to engage with the union beyond their worksite or Member Action Teams.
Here are some of the core roles and responsibilities we envision for Chapters and their leaders:
Elected leadership: Our constitution requires that each chapter that is established has chapter leaders elected by the members of that chapter
- Chair: Primary leader, responsible for scheduling and chairing meetings
- Vice-Chair: Assists the Chair as needed
- Secretary: Responsible for taking minutes of meetings, maintaining records and assisting in communications
- Monitoring the issues: Chapters will receive updates from a member of the Exec Board on issues related to their title. Particular attention should be paid to issues affecting groups of members and developing responses to them.
- Contract negotiations: As negotiations are initiated for contracts or agreements involving their title, chapters will coordinate with the President and 1st Vice President regarding negotiation priorities and any opportunities to contribute to those negotiations.
- Frequency of meetings: Chapter leaders are empowered to schedule and chair their meetings as often as needed, as long as they meet at least quarterly. Meetings may be fully online.
- Communications: Requests for mass mailing, emailing or texting will go through the Local Secretary or President for sending to all appropriate members